Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Dream Come True



Remember in the beginning, this story began with a dream? The dream I had before we learned that Carson even existed? If you don't, you can check out the first entry in this blog. But if you don't have time or just need a memory refresh - my dream was wacky. It wasn't just about a baby becoming ours. It involved many wacky scenes that didn't make sense...at the time. The part about the golf cart is explained in that first blog entry.

About four months ago, another wacky scene from that dream came to mind. It was the scene where it was like watching a fast-forward of what this baby became. He was older and hyper and dancing on a table. Well, that is exactly what happened. About four months ago, Carson started learning how to climb up from the dining room chairs up to the dining room table; and one day, I walked into the dining room, after having only been gone a second, to find him - dancing - on the table! Ahhhhh! A dream come true!

Other than that deja vu day, Carson has had many many charming moments. I really could write about him daily. Today, he got his first gift from Santa Claus, a late St. Nick gift, and when I asked him if he liked the gift that Santa brought him, he looked at me strangely and said, "Mama brought it!" He is not going to be easy to convince about Santa Claus, but it's OK, he's only 2.

He knows so much and understands so much, but when I ask him if he can say his A-B-Cs, he gets up to G and gets confused. One time he sang, "I'll take you for a ride on a big green tractor!" after G. I have to give that boy points for style, and never being obvious about making a mistake, or maybe he knows it all, like he knows about Santa Claus and is just testing me? It doesn't matter. I love it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers